and Social Sustainability
Recognizing the challenges posed by climate change and global warming and the continuing decrease in cultivable land and diminishing water resources available for farming, Al Dahra emphasizes on keeping Water and Food Security at the core of its strategy.
Al Dahra believes that it has a responsibility towards end-consumers to enhance availability, accessibility and affordability of essential food commodities and crops.
Energy Consumption Optimization
- 20MW solar plant development in Egypt powering a 30K acres farming project in Toshka.
- Biomass applications for agricultural waste recycling.
Water Consumption Optimization
- Land reclamation and irrigation development.
- Drip irrigation systems for water usage optimization.
- Farming satellite control.
- Precision farming application.
Fertilizers Consumption Optimization
- Fertilizers and pesticides reduction programs.
- Ground water preservation.