- Perform the general accounting activities, which include journal entries, sales and purchase invoices posting, intercompany reconciliation, bank reconciliation, cash management, financial reporting, balance sheet management, etc.
- Support and perform the activities required as per Italian rule (Intrastat, Esterometro, LiPe, Dichiarazioni d'intento, questionari Istat, questionari Banca d'Italia, etc.)
- Support in the monthly and yearly financial closing and ensure the local financial requirements are met
- Perform activities related to month-end closing in order to prepare monthly Balance sheet and Profit and Loss Statement
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting decks requested by headquarter, and reconcile P&L with Managerial data, analytical procedures, foot note information.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Support the system of internal controls that will ensure that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with local GAAP and IFRS and also the Internal Control policies
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place
- Support independent auditors and tax authorities in carrying out their reviews
- Support the activities related to the Country statutory financial statement
- Support the operations of the accounting team align with accounting manager, and ensure that all book of accounts and records are maintained adequately and updated accordingly to the fiscal rules and Group Policy.
- Ensuring that deadline for Month-end Closing reporting Information is met
- Provide ad hoc analysis
- Cooperate with Accounting manager to provide other departments, with steering information, reports, reviews
- Performing internal controls according to group policy
- Support the local accounting activities (ie: withholding tax management, commission management, payment management)
- Ability to work under constant deadline pressure and manage multiple projects across multiple lines of business.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English (verbally and written) is a must
Technical and Skills Requirements:
- Experience of accounting, experience within an audit firm is preferred
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of IFRS – ITA GAAP, Italian taxation rules and reporting, internal controls, and financial reporting
- Fluent in English
- Highly meticulous and analytical
- Passionate to learn, self-motivated
- Independent, proactive, self-starter and good communication skills
Experience of accounting